Sniper School after Army ROTC?

I plan on going to a 4 year university to do Army ROTC. After I graduate as a 2Lt, what steps would I have to go through to become a sniper? BTW I plan on going to Airborne, and Air assault school while in ROTC, and Ranger school after I graduate. I don't know if that effects anything or not.

damn, oh well

Favorite Answer

Technically officers cannot go to sniper school as it is only for ranks E-3 through E-7 (see link below). However, any other rank is waiverable and there are a few officers who have been able to attend. Keep in mind that as an officer, your chances of going are slim to none though.

No, you cannot go to Sniper School. ROTC cadets have a reservist status whilst undergoing ROTC training and until they are commissioned, will be treated as such. That being said, Sniper School is very selective (I should know, I finished two weeks ago) and I only saw maybe two lieutenants in my class but they eventually dropped out.

• DOOM

None. Officers aren't snipers.