Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

Why is my goldfish turning black. It lives with another fish that is natural balck so whats wrong?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

in the light fish grow lighter in the dark vice-versa (same thing happens)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It is normal for goldfish to change color throughout their lives, but especially the first two years. Also, some people note black marks on the edges of their goldfish's fins. If the area was injured, then this indicates that the fins are trying to heal and is a good sign. Also, some of the normal color changes may occur along the edges of the fins. Only if there appears to be black spots that are small in various areas, is black spot (a parasite) a concern. If the area does not appear to have a bacterial or fungal infection, there is probably no cause for worry. But they can also be ammonia burns so if your tank looks dirty give it a winter clean up.

• 1 decade ago

Sometimes fish are not always bought at their permanent adult color. That means that it is normal for fish to change color, especially Goldfish. Don't worry about it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its ok dont worry, one of my goldfish was dark dark brown, now overtime it changed bright yellow gold! if you have fish food color enhancers then that might be it. if your fish are ok and swimming happily, then everything will be ok, it could also be a sign of healing ammonia burns which is good :) trust me i know this.

Source(s): 6 fish (1 is betta)
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.