Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Will this affect me growing?

ok well im around 4'9 and im 13....(short huh?!?!) but i only got about 11-14% body fat and i work out...like i run and play basketball and lift weights....also im trying to drink three 8oz. glasses of milk a day and eat veggies. but will me lifting weights stunt me growing or will it really help me??

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

LIFTING WEIGHTS AT YOUNG AGES STUNTS YOUR GROWTH!!

No way to get around that. Your height could be caused by genetics as well. If your parents are short then your are most likely going to be short. Your 11-14% body fat isn't based on height or age it is based on nutrition and genetics. There are three types of bodies structures:

1 - Ectomorph

Definitive "Hard Gainer"

Delicate Built Body

Flat Chest

Fragile

Lean

Lightly Muscled

Small Shouldered

Takes Longer to Gain Muscle

Thin

2 - Mesomorph

Athletic

Hard Body

Hourglass Shaped (Female)

Rectangular Shaped (Male)

Mature Muscle Mass

Muscular Body

Excellent Posture

Gains Muscle Easily

Gains Fat More Easily Than Ectomorphs

Thick Skin

3 - Endomorph

Athletic

Hard Body

Hourglass Shaped (Female)

Rectangular Shaped (Male)

Mature Muscle Mass

Muscular Body

Excellent Posture

Gains Muscle Easily

Gains Fat More Easily Than Ectomorphs

Thick Skin

All three of these have differences in Fat percentages. Going by yours , you would fall into ectomorph, but all are interchangeable as well. Meaning you could have characteristics of just one or all three.

Don't get discouraged though. Keep eating healthy and nutritious diets. In some cases even doing some stretching has lengthened limbs. You're still young though. most people don't get there growths spurts till they are in high school. Personnally i was 5' 8" sophmore year. Beginning of Junior year i was 6' 1". It takes time. Just stop working out if you want to get taller. Play basketball though that won't effect your growth

• 1 decade ago

lifting weights at 13 won't really help you because your bones and muscles are still growing. actually u can damage them. try and wait till ur 18 or so before u really start working out. you will be just fine till then.just take it easy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yeah i got the same problem, im the same as you 4'9" and 13. I was wondering the same thing and still looking for an answer, so your not the only one my friend. =)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if you dont eat your meat, how can you have any pudding?

how can you have any pudding if you dont eat your meat?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.