Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

How can I lose the fat?

I'm 13 years old, 5ft 2 inches, and 138 pounds. I want to lose the fat, any tips, tricks, etc, are appreciated.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Hi, how about making some simple changes that will add up to weight loss over time? It's not a "formal" diet, so it won't leave you feeling deprived and wanting to cheat. This can be very effective:

1) Weigh yourself once a week, at approx. the same time, wearing approx. the same thing.

2) Try to make the healthiest choices possible when choosing food. For example, choose brown rice over white rice. Choose whole-grained bread over white bread, etc.

3) Eat half of your normal portion at each meal.

4) Never skip breakfast as it wakes up your metabolism and gets it working for the day.

5) Only allow yourself one sweet on Saturday and one on Sunday (unless it's a special occasion like a birthday). Chew sugarless gum when you want because sometimes you just need a flavor in your mouth.

6) Drink mostly water and plenty of it. Save sweet drinks for special occasions. Limit soda-even diet. Skim milk is excellent!

7) Try to hit all the major food groups when choosing your food: lean protein, veggies, fruits, whole-grains, low-fat dairy.

8) Be more active. Ride your bike, take a walk, put on some good tunes and dance, jump rope, etc. Try to do something that leaves you huffing and puffing for 30 minutes each day.

You'll find some really good information on the website, including about five pages of weight loss tips, printable weight loss journal pages, printable exercise log sheets, motivational ideas, healthy recipes, etc.

Good luck!

• 4 years ago

drop your milk type and you cut calories by about 20 percent

• Monica
    Lv 5
    4 years ago

wash your car instead of taking it through the car wash

• 1 decade ago

Well the way I would loose fat is only eat 2 meals a day and food that is under 200 calories per serving. Also you need to excersise for like 30 minutes a day. Now that took me like two years to do, if your looking for like months to loose weight, it would be really tough!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 years ago

eat chili for a couple of days research shows that chili peppers boost your metabolic rate burning 50 more cals a day

• 5 years ago

dump the junk food if you want to avoid temptation make sure you clean out the fridge and the pantry

• 4 years ago

people who eat breakfast have a better shot at losing and maintaining weight loss

• 5 years ago

Add extra few minutes to a workout

• 5 years ago

40 minutes of martial arts

• 4 years ago

Eat snacks at your home bofore going to party

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.