Is it ok for my 6 month old baby to eat salmon?

I've been trying to feed her smooth baby foods for a while but she screams and spits them out. when I give her some of my dinner i've squashed up with my fork from a spoon she eats and chews no problem her favorite so far is salmon broccoli and potatoes she loves it.

Favorite Answer

If she isn't showing signs of an allergic reaction then I say go for it. I did this with my 2 year old daughter and I do the same thing with my son...he hates jarred food but will accept anything that I am eating. My daughter will eat just about anything now. Years ago, Babies had been fed table food from very young ages and it didn't kill them. I think that we are just way too paranoid today.

Source(s): Mommy of 2 year old daughter and 7 month old son

I'd say it's okay in very, very small amounts. The only drawback may be that she's developing a taste for your food (more seasoning) and may refuse her baby food even more so. Ensure she's still getting all the formula/breastmilk she needs. As always, you may want to check with her pediatrician about the possibility of her developing allergies.

Source(s): mommy of one and one on the way!
  • fargo

One stable element is your toddler is taking in drinks, if he stops the drinks do no longer wait circulate to the DR. Is your toddler fussy? Does he sense like he's working a fever? Has he had bowel strikes? slumbering, any rashes? any of those will desire indicators then you definately could circulate see a Dr. as quickly as you may. If no longer the rest this is advisable to envision and notice in the event that they have a software on your area referred to as Ask A Nurse. this is barely in basic terms rapid techniques no longer suggestion this is as much as you to guard your toddler.

Yep, my son is 10 months and has been eating fish since 6 months old (salmon, cod, haddock, etc)

Fish is good for the brain (for children and adults)

**Provided you have no seafood allergies in your family, then you may want to be more cautious and wait.

Personally no, I would not. I don't think they are supposed to have any high allergy type foods (peanut butter, eggs, fish, soy, honey etc) until they are like 2 or 3 years old. Salmon especially because it being a predatory fish (meaning it eat other smaller fish) its body has more chemicals and such like mercury, PCB's and so on.

Yummy!! Perfectly fine as long as it's cooked. I live in Japan and my child who is 1 and has been eating fish since she was 8 mo. Dr said it was fine...if the baby has a reaction you'll know.

well a six month old should just be starting solids... so rice cereal, oatmeal, pureed apples, bananas, sweet potato, carrots, peas, avocado, pears, squash... I think thats about it. I would hold off on the fish for several months.

Be careful where you get it from due to chemicals, I would get the salmon from a organic store if possible.

No, you shouldn't. They can't have any kind of fish till they are atleast 2 years old.

No! Children are most allergic to fish and peanut butter so they shouldnt have any until they are at least 2.