Margie asked in SportsGolf · 1 decade ago

The best golf courses near Yorktown, VA?

If there are any avid golfers out there, I would like to know what is the best course or courses around Virginia. Preferably near the Yorktown area. I have someone over there that I need to get a gift for and I thought I could buy him some golf, but I don’t know what’s good and what’s not too far away. Obviously I can check online and see what there is, but I was hoping for someone with some experience on the east coast. So needless to say it can not be a members only club because I am not a member anywhere and I don’t know if he is or not, but I’m willing to bet not. Thanks so much for anyone who knows an answer! :)

People need not answer if you are just going to tell me to look online; I ALREADY SAID I AM LOOKING FOR GOLFERS WHO HAVE GOLFED IN THE AREA! (That's what experience means!)

thanks, you two for an actual answer! :)

Favorite Answer

Kingsmill resort. two great courses and even has an LPGA event there every year. 80-120 bucks per round depending on time of year.

Source(s): lived there for 24 years