My kids are into rap music and all I hear are N words and women refered to as female dogs. ?

Can anyone suggest rap music with positive messages?

Favorite Answer

That would greatly depend on the type of music you would want your children exposed to…of the artist listed (i.e. The Roots, Lupe, Talib Kweli, Common etc.) those type of artist bring a lot more substance to the table in terms of topics discussed in their music, but chances are you’ll hear the “f “bomb dropped every now and then, but unlike their counterparts (having no idea whom they are listening to) are quite different…Will Smith is a great choice although he offers now real substance either as he just creates dance music. Most of the emcees listed so far are what could be considered “Conscience” I hope this help…

Lupe Fiasco

Talib Kwali

Yorel

Common

Raheem DeVaughn

Nelly ft. Tim McGraw - Over And Over Again

Nappy Roots - Po' Folks

Webbie - Indepedent (Ft. Lil Phat & Lil Boosie)good message does say g@# D@#m

Akon - Sorry Blame It On Me

Bone Thugs N Harmony ft Akon - I Tried

Blessed Union of Souls - I Believe

Kanye West - Jesus Walks

• Okay well its going to be hard to find rap with no N words but heres the best cleanliness i can find:

Nujabes(REALLY GOOD)

The Flobots

Common

Lupe Fiasco

Rakim(REALLY GOOD)

And if you want to go the Christian route then KJ-52

But the list i just created is clean rap for your kids

the time of music your son is listening to is dirty rap. the king that lil kids like because of all the bad words. maybe he should try listening some of the clean rap that has messages in them.

maybe he should try christian rap

chill dude i think all this is in your head, country music womanize equally to rap does but because people don't say it does on the news so you ignore it. the n word isn't even bad anymore unless its being used as a racial slur and that isn't the way it is being used in rap music.

Source(s): TLC, are you serious nas was going to title his album N***** , sometimes i think people think nas is the right answer for every question in here

Hannah Montana

• leVel8

Lupe Fiasco

Talib Kweli

Common

MURS

Edgar Allen Floe

Little Brother

Blu & Exile

The Roots

Masta Ace

Source(s): LOL @ the dummies thumbing me down.
  • Soulja Boy doesn't curse?!?! That bama curses ALOT. That's why its hard for me to understand people when they say, he is making music for kids. dude stays cursing.

You will be hard pressed to find an artist who doesnt curse in his lyrics. Your best bet is to go to Walmart and get the editted versions of Cds for your lil chillins.

Source(s): Is it me, or Yahoo Spell Check is garbage?? Tell me why, it spells checks it own words sometimes.