Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

i need help with my social studies homework please help me????????

help people i am doing a project on cambodia and i need help on how did cambodia become a country what was it before help people please i need this answers by to day please

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

omgg. i'm cambodian!! you should talk about the killing fields those are interesting.

• 1 decade ago

Cambodia is a country in South East Asia with a population of over 13 million people. The kingdom's capital and largest city is Phnom Penh. Cambodia is the successor state of the once powerful Hindu and Buddhist Khmer Empire, which ruled most of the Indochinese Peninsula between the eleventh and fourteenth centuries.

It was also a protectorate of France and then gained independence in 1953. Then it became a constitutional monarchy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Archaeological evidence indicates that parts of the region now called Cambodia were inhabited from around 1000-2000 BCE by a Neolithic culture that may have migrated from South Eastern China to the Indochinese Peninsula. By the first century CE, the inhabitants had developed relatively stable, organized societies which had far surpassed the primitive stage in culture and technical skills. The most advanced groups lived along the coast and in the lower Mekong River valley and delta regions in houses constructed on stilts where they cultivated rice, fished and kept domesticated animals. Recent research has unlocked the discovery of artificial circular earthworks dating to Cambodia's Neolithic era.1 The Khmer people were one of the first inhabitants of South East Asia. They were also among the first in South East Asia to adopt religious ideas and political institutions from India and to establish centralized kingdoms surrounding large territories. The earliest known kingdom in the area, Funan, flourished from around the first to the sixth century AD

• 1 decade ago

Cambodia has had a rough history including being under the crazy Pol Pot. Look him up and you will have your project.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

here is a link. I hope it can help you. good luck:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Cambodia

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.