Steph asked in TravelUnited StatesBoston · 1 decade ago

Can someone suggest a public beach in MA ?

Can someone suggest a public beach in MA that would allow me to light a small fire? Or do they not let you do that? :P

Favorite Answer

There are a bunch of public beaches in and around Boston: Revere Beach, Carson Beach and Pleasure Bay in South Boston, Tenean Beach in Dorchester...but they're all state property, and I can almost guarantee you that you won't be allowed to light a fire.

Here's a list of beaches, where you could call some ones you're interested and ask: http://www.visit-massachusetts.com/current_categor...

It'd probably be better to ask first so you don't get shut down when you get there, but from my experience they aren't going to let you light a fire on a Massachusetts beach without some kind of permit.

Good luck.

They let you do that on alot of bay beaches on the cape - with a permit. You can call the areas Fire Department to see what their policy is

You might try Revere Beach.

Yeah, Revere is nice:) Idk about the whole fire thing though...

But if you go there make sure you eat at the restaurant Kelly's!