Can you get a venereal disease in a swimming pool in Cancun if people have had intercourse in it?

I'm scared to swim in the public pools there.

24 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Even if there was no chlorinated water, it's extremely unlikely. Most diseases don't last long at all outside the body. But with chlorine, it's a negative.

• 1 decade ago

Well are you scared to cross the road because you might get run over, are you scared to walk in the street because someone might stab you, or a stray meteorite might hit you. If we spend all of our lives worrying about what could happen, then wed never do anything and then we wouldnt have worthwhile lives anyway. The chance of getting a disease like that from a swimming pool is very unlikely, verucas maybe...but they aren't so bad, and not that likely either.

• Anonymous
    6 years ago

There are two types of herpes simplex virus: HSV-1 and HSV-2. Both virus types can cause sores around the mouth (herpes labialis) and on the genitals (genital herpes). Cold sores are caused by the herpes simplex virus (HSV).

Cold sores sometimes called fever blisters, are groups of small blisters on the lip and around the mouth. The skin around the blisters is often red, swollen, and sore. The blisters may break open, leak a clear fluid, and then scab over after a few days. They usually heal in several days to 2 weeks.

The herpes simplex virus usually enters the body through a break in the skin around or inside the mouth. It is usually spread when a person touches a cold sore or touches infected fluid—such as from sharing eating utensils or razors, kissing an infected person, or touching that person's saliva. A parent who has a cold sore often spreads the infection to his or her child in this way. Cold sores can also be spread to other areas of the body.

Luckly there is a cure for herpes https://tr.im/c57e5

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Uhmmmm....no. That's like saying you can get the flu by breathing the same air as an infected person in the same room...wait...oh.

Yes, You can actually. I always wear a condom when I swim in the pool, to be safe ya know.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well sometimes, when I have intercourse in the pools of Cancun, I like to rub all my diseases on the ladder and steps so that people will get them. It brings me pleasure to share with others what I have contracted.

You're Welcome for the herpes!

• 1 decade ago

No. Diseases need a source to live on. They cant just float around and happen to find genitals. So no, because as soon as the disease was released into the pool, it would die. Hope this helped.

:D

• 1 decade ago

What makes you think people have been having intercourse in the pools?

• 1 decade ago

Well I know you can get trichomoniasis in shared pools, but those are more unique than other diseases in that sense.

Source(s): High School project.
  • yes absolutely. Unless your a guy and you swim with 2 condoms double bagged.

• 1 decade ago

if they don't clean the pool and you let water get in through your eyes. nose, mouth, or anything else like that.

Source(s): jennygurl321
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.