Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

Do you put dried cranberries in the stuffing?

Favorite Answer

If by "dried cranberries" you mean "weedlage", and by "stuffing" you mean "agua de pipa"... Then yes Sir I do.

It depends on what sort of menu I'm putting together. If it blends well with the other flavours I'm using and side dishes I'm making, then yes.

I once made a cranberry-orange stuffing that was fantastic--I threw in a scoop of dried cranberries, and substituted a 1/2 cup of orange juice for some of the broth (the liquid I normally use).

I find that dried fruits (like raisins, currants & cranberries) plump during cooking, so I've never felt the need to soak them beforehand.

Source(s): I love dried fruit, and frequently add it to recipes.

Personally, I don't. However, you certainly could use dried cranberries. You will need to soak them in a cup of hot water prior to adding them to the stuffing.

I did it last time I made a turkey and I thought it was great. It gives it a little tang. I would recommend them. I'm sure fresh would be fine too. When I use the dried ones I soak them in liquid (usually orange juice) to rehydrate them and make them softer.

Always! It might sound weird, but the gummy and sweet feeling/flavor mixed with the mushy/crunchy boxed stuffing is the BEST!

• Daisy

Yes. They make for a nice surprise of tart flavor in the mushy texture. Something we could all use.

Of corse! Yummy! :-D

Happy Thanksgiving

Ewwww! Never! Cranberries are gross!

Yes! I put them in most everything where I would use raisins...Excellent in bread pudding!

nah, that's what cranberry sauce is for