I'm having a terrible Vista issue, and I need help :(?

My computer turns on, works for about five to ten minutes, then crashes with a "STOP" message, I can't quite make out the error number there, but the error report shows.

BCCode 10000000008e

BCP1 C00000000005

BCP2 0000000000

BCP3 988c8a48 or AA9C3A48

BCP4 0000000000

I'm using Vista Home premium, all current updates. OS is 6.0.6002.2.1.0.768.3

Thank you >.<>

Me again :( I'm still having this issue, I took a picture of the actual error when the blue screen happens.

0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0X00000000, 0xA922AA48, 0x0000000)

I hope this might explain it better, thank you for your assistance.

Thank you sir! I will try that again.

I tried all possible combinations with no success :( Every time I do something somewhat visually intensive, or if I do nothing and just wait, the computer will crash. I installed a Nvidia card a while back, due to the computer coming with a "chipset" by Intel. If I disable the video card, will it go back to using the Intel chipset without me prompting it? And would that even fix anything?

I don't think it's the video card anymore, I restarted the computer in the diagnostic mode with all the services off (that stopped the constant restarting), and I was going through each service, and COM Host Service would not start, giving me the error message "Error 0x8000ffff".

It also refuses to detect an internet connection.

Favorite Answer

Those are memory addressing codes. Sounds like you have a bad memory module somewhere. If you are computer savvy, remove the side cover, locate the modules and remove each one and reinstall. Sometimes modules, with heat and cooling, can become dislodged enough to break contact when things get hot. If that doesn't work, remove each module and only install 1 module into DIMM slot 1, run the computer, if it happens again, take that one out and install another in the same slot. If it doesn't happen, you know that module is bad and has to be replaced. Do that for all modules until you find the one(s) that are bad.

Edit to additional info: As stated before those are memory addressing codes. What the computer is telling you is something happened down the line where data in memory did not get released and/or did not stay "saturated" in the module long enough. Like I said before, remove each module one by one and see if the problem persists. Thats really the only way to diagnosing this problem yourself. Or you can take it to a software specialist with a decoder and they can tell you the exact memory module in question. But that will not be free. But my guess is (based on the position of the coding in group 3, the bad module is in DIMM slot 3.

Go to the Nvidia website, Nvidia.com, and download the current drivers for your video card. You might have a corrupt video driver and need to be updated.

Source(s): Myself, computer builder

I have determined 7 to be so much quicker than Vista. For so much compatibility disorders that didn't arise whilst utilising Vista, on a shortcut to a software or the software, proper click on and click on houses, cross to the Compatibility tab, and decide on Run this software in compatibility mode for Vista. If the software works bigger on XP, then use compatibility mode for XP.