I told my friend I liked him, and now I think it ruined everything.?

I was friends with this guy for five years, and I told him I liked him last week through text. He texted me saying he had a crush on me back, but that was it. At school, it started becoming quieter between us. We don't talk anymore and it's been awkward, especially since he sits next to me in two of my classes. He doesn't text me back anymore either, and that's extremely odd. I was afraid when I told him that it'd destroy our friendship, and I'm afraid that might become of us. I'm worried. The last thing I expected to happen was to lose my best friend through this process. I've tried giving him space, but still, it's awkward. What should I do? I don't want to lose him.

• HI
    Favorite Answer

Talk to him! I have been in this situation before and it is not fun at ALL!

Ask him like:

How was your weekend?

or

What did you get on the test?

Break the Barrier of Akwardness.

• KatieL

Well I'm sure you weighed the consequences on telling him that you liked him before you did it right? I mean, I doubt it ruined your friendship but did it make it awkward, yes probably. You should wait it out. See what happens. The best you can do is to keep going on like he is still your friend. Eventually he should come around at if nothing else, act like your friend again and if for some reason he doesn't, you should talk to him and tell him that you really want his friendship again if nothing else. I would hope that that would change things for the better. And after all of that, if he still acts awkward and doesn't want to be your friend and he wasn't deserving of your friendship anyway.

• OMG! That same thing happened to me & my ex. My friend told him that I liked him & it was awkward for awhile. I thought it would ruin our friendship. I suggest that you should text him & ask him if he's mad at you. Thats what I did. And then we started talking again. Just pretend that it never happened. Like you never told him that you like him. Hope I helped.

Source(s): experience =]
  • BJ

It sounds like he is either interested and now he is nervous or that he is not interested and now feels awkward. You really need to ask him to his face what is going on. No text, so you will get a straight answer.

He's probably thinking that it might ruin the friendship as well. Just sit down and talk to him about it. Gain control. Tell him you have to talk about it. Something will come good of it.

M!$$.Toy@

Just go up and tell him if i did something wrong tell me because i really want to make it better if we cant be friends anymore. I will find another crush you are very special to me. THen he will fall for u.

maybe he is just shy and cant come to the fact that it isnt a dream its reality

start conversations with him about anything

just dont be nervous and stay cool

dont worry it will all work out

just talk to him

Source(s): thats what i think [:

text him..say why dont we talk or hangout anymore..than you will find out where it went wrong

if he doesnt reply just tell him face to face

Just play it cool like nothing happened.

talk to him tell him that you guys dont have to go out and if you do and doesnt work out you forget about and mve on with you friendship