Adults wearing costumes bought inside the park at Disney?

First of all does Disneyworld and Disneyland sell adult costumes at their parks? I know adults are denied entry at the parks if they show up in costumes. But what about costumes bought INSIDE the park? If you put them on will someone make you take it off? And what about hats and other crazy stuff you can buy inside, doesn't that count as costumes? I have never been to WDW or WDL so I'm a bit confused about their dress code policy.

Favorite Answer

i've never seen adult sized costumes in Disneyland, and yes i've checked.

No Adult sized costumes.

And adults can not wear "costumes" in the park. But what constitutes a costume, that may be where the questions lies, considering the garb that I've seen some guest arrive in- some not so attractive.

In that vain I can say there are a number regular guest that go to the park in period dress i.e. 50's Poodle Skirts, or high collar shirts and spats on there shoes of the 1920's. May I add that these people dress in this fashion on a daily basses, and are clearly not cast members.

As for putting on a costume you'll have to get it past the check point first, if you did get it in the park and put it on you will be escorted out of the park immediately no questions asked.

My next question is why would you want to put on a costume in the park, what kind of stunt are you trying to pull?

• Lissa

Adults can not wear disney costumes inside the park unless they are a cast member or going to the annual halloween party. Security will ask them to leave the park to change into something more suitable.

Silly hats and other novelties are bot consider as costumes.

Source(s): former cm

Snow White-she's the fairest in the land. I've never been to Disney World, so I'll have to say Disneyland. Attn Sirius-Rainbow Brite is NOT a Disney character...

• Lilli

I may be mistaken, but I don't remember ever seeing adult costumes sold inside the parks. You may wear costumes to the Halloween parties, but you can't wear costumes that make it appear that you work there (meaning, most Disney costumes). You are welcome to wear crazy hats anytime.

• drip

Anything you can buy in the park you can wear.

try calling them I know they will be able to answer your questions. I wish I knew...I know you can for sure wear the goofy (no pun intended ha ha) hats that they sell..

have fun!

https://secure-disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland...