need help with GT performer bike????!!!!?

me and my friend fixed up my GT performer and we realized that the fork would move around in the frame we took it apart and checked the barrings and everything was fine but my friend thinks that it might be missing some small rubber ring or plastic would that be the reason if yes what is that called and where can i get it and if not what could we check

Favorite Answer

make sure your headset isn't stripped or broke also there's a possibility of your fork being stripped

Source(s): personal experience

is the bold in the top of the headset tight all the way and theres probably some allen heads on the sides of the headset that could also be loose try checking them or there iss spacers between the frame and the headset that could be too small or missing

wanna try n help me

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ApSOB...

Source(s): i had this problem yesterday n found out i put it back together missing a spacer

well you would go to a bicycle repair shop because i always have that problem building bikes so ask them if they sell rubber spacers or they could not be the right size are they the first ones or not