ERIK
ERIK asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i started to bench press again yesterday?

i hadn't worked out for a while and i started yesterday. i started by lifting about 110 doing reps of 7 10 or 15 depending how much i could hang. i would push myself till my friends had to remove the bar from me a couple times

well i noticed it was a big mistake. im super sore from my chest, neck, arms & forarms. its this a real bad thing? cuz i heard "the burn" is good but im not exactly sure thats what dey mean cuz the pain is pretty hard i can hardly change my shirts because of the pain.

is their anyway i can ease the pain?

recommended reps & weights?

this i should do and not do?

my main goal is build my chest again

thanxx

also how long do i wait after a days work out, till i start working out again? 24 or 48 hours?

Sounds like you were a little over zealous getting back at it. This is common.

Believe it or not, the best way to ease the pain is

1. Gut it out for a day. Use Aleve or similar to get by.

2. Go light in 2 days. Slow purposeful reps.

In about a week you should be ready to go again.

Finally, you write "main goal is to build chest". Your main goal is to establish an habit of lifting/cardio/rest periods as a part of an overall lifestyle.

Lifestyle....that's the key

Good Luck

I've been working out for about a year and a half now, but not after a bulky look, just slim and defined, so I dont push my self as far as you do. But what I can say is that when I go away for a week or two and come back and work out and push my self a little to make up for the time I stop working out, I do wake up thhe next day with my chest, sides, arms and sholders hurting a little, its normal, its just your mouscles repairing and through repairing they grow. What I understood is that your mouscles try to repair after a work out and that is when they grow to adapt to the new pressure they have to put up with 3 times a week +.

hope that helps.

take about a week off. Its a marathon not a sprint. If its THAT bad