What is the best way to face a poorly delivered opinion?

I am an atheist and it comes times in which i end up having my verbal discussions with people who believe in god. there are allot of highly educated ones who I admit to enjoy talking to them and discussing trivial matters. I really actually like people whom disagree with me, it helps me test my knowledge of the subject. But once upon a time a total BIGOT shows up and gushes steaming crap out their mouth. But it is not only in this issue, on politics, global issues, race, human rights, the economy, gay-mirage... you name it! there always seems to be a total ***-hole (my apologies for that word no better way to say it seriously.) who shows up and starts spew large amounts of senseless-under-though highly-offensive CRAP out of their pie hole. I don't need any tips on shutting these people up on these subjects, most of them didn't even finish the 3rd grade. BUT what I seem to have trouble with is keeping my cool when one of these dumb asses starts to talk...

Favorite Answer

Do me a favor; as soon as you figure it out, let me know. I have to do this constantly with my in-laws who have a variety of amazingly stupid opinions. For instance, my mother-in-law recently informed me that George Carlin was killed by God for Blaspemy. How do you respond to something like that?

I think the only thing you can do is correct them on the facts as they spout their drivel. Aside from that, you can always say something like, "I admire your ability to offer unsolicited and uninformed opinions without fear that I will think less of you for it!"