greencard renewal process?

I need now how long will it take me to have my new greencard. I need to renew it, and so what is the process if I fill up the form and how long they will usually call me for my schedule for biometrics?

• Penny
    Favorite Answer

My sister just had to have hers renewed and she did not have to do biometrics. They always take your finger prints and take your greencard, stamp your passport and then you wait to receive the card.She went to the INS office to have hers re-newed .

You just educated me on something I was not aware of. Thank-you very much.

Follow the directions on page two of the brochure you bring up by selecting "change my address" in the link below. Also, if you schedule an appointment through INFOPASS, I believe that you can go into your CIS office with your VALID, MACHINE-READABLE, passport and they will put a stamp in it to demonstrate that you are a permanent resident even if you don't have your card in hand. Be sure to take your I-797 approval notice with you too. To get to the INFOPASS, click the link in the left-side toolbar of the USCIS home page. ***another thought - doesn't your I-797 approval notice state that it is evidence of permanent residence until a certain date? Is that date long enough for you to take your trip?

• HJW

this should answer most of your questions

go to the USCIS page and read,

as to the time?

i do not know exactly.

here is the page:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5a...