Lys
Lv 4
Lys asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Can animals understand each other?

I know this sounds really childish and immature but it got me thinking today.

When dogs bark at each other, are they saying words, or just making sounds to ward each other off?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

From what I understand, they are not words like human speak words. It is more of the tone/volume/consistency of the bark that they understand. It is more of emotions that they are producing than "words" if that makes sense.

• CyFox
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Yes,they can contact each other through vocal sounds and body movements.But it is of a form lower than what us humans use.I mean,they may communicate with each other like protecting their territories,mating etc.But I doubt that they can communicate socially to each other.They only use sounds to communicate only when they under certain conditions.

• 1 decade ago

Yeah when dogs are barking at each other that is basically there way of talking.

Source(s): WOOF!
  • 1 decade ago

They are showing emotions and feelings- it's their way of communication- but it's not like what we think of "words" and stuff. But they do understand eachother.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

You're wrong, we humans don't understand each other at all, if we did, all the wars, killing and hatred wouldn't be so!

• 1 decade ago

when a dod barks it is talking tooooooooooo anoyher animal or friend like i talk english and somone talks spanish it sounds werd to me but thats how they talk and thats how dogs talk..looooooooool

hoped i helped..lol..

love cristal

• 1 decade ago

well im not a scientist but i think they communicate through different tones and body language

• Nike W
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

They're communicating.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.