Lys
Lys asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Can animals understand each other?

I know this sounds really childish and immature but it got me thinking today.

When dogs bark at each other, are they saying words, or just making sounds to ward each other off?

Favorite Answer

From what I understand, they are not words like human speak words. It is more of the tone/volume/consistency of the bark that they understand. It is more of emotions that they are producing than "words" if that makes sense.

• CyFox

Yes,they can contact each other through vocal sounds and body movements.But it is of a form lower than what us humans use.I mean,they may communicate with each other like protecting their territories,mating etc.But I doubt that they can communicate socially to each other.They only use sounds to communicate only when they under certain conditions.

...

Yeah when dogs are barking at each other that is basically there way of talking.

Source(s): WOOF!

They are showing emotions and feelings- it's their way of communication- but it's not like what we think of "words" and stuff. But they do understand eachother.

You're wrong, we humans don't understand each other at all, if we did, all the wars, killing and hatred wouldn't be so!

when a dod barks it is talking tooooooooooo anoyher animal or friend like i talk english and somone talks spanish it sounds werd to me but thats how they talk and thats how dogs talk..looooooooool

hoped i helped..lol..

love cristal

well im not a scientist but i think they communicate through different tones and body language

• Nike W

They're communicating.