What is the philosophy behind emo people?

Do they know that depression is an illness?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

emo people are aware that depression is an illness. sometimes they feel like having that illness will get them they attention/love they desire... they probably want someone to feel simpathetic for them.

• 1 decade ago

Emotional people aren't always depressed sometimes they just have an emotion that they can't contain. Have you never cried for joy? Laughed so hard you cried. (as in tears coming from your eyes.) Or seen a commercial or heard a story that touched you? Emotions are not a bad thing, and letting them out will help you to live longer. Keeping them in and bottled up will eventually kill you. As for depression it is actually caused most often by some chemical missing in your system, either by lack of that nutrition being put in (as in your food) or lack of sleep (which can cause you too want to sleep to much) or many other factors but it is not something that can't be cured with the proper vit and mineral nutrition.

However that said it should not ever be confused with normal emotions.

• 1 decade ago

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

The only person who ever said 'emo' people were depressed was that dumb YouTube video. Have you ever met anyone who calls themselves emo; gotten to know them? (please don't say 'oh yeah those weirdos in my school, they're freaks'). There may be people in the emo scene who are depressed, yes, but there are plenty of people who aren't and there are far more who are not into the emo scene who are depressed. You can't stereotype based on clothing or what little scraps of info one person told you here or that you assumed there.

Of course they know depression is an illness...it's not as if they would go 'Oh...you know what, I want to be an emo, let me go cut myself and get depressed all the sudden.' They most likely had something wrong with their lives before, and eventually fell into this scene where they could relate to the music and fit in without having to change what kind of person they were.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.