When a guy tries to talk to you....is it because?

hi. I'm 14 and this guy in 4 of my classes(out of 6) tries to talk to me sometimes. It's nothing long but I'm really shy.( or I don't talk to people it depends) he usually says something like" hey melissa, is basketball canceled tonight?(we both play basketball), Then I say yes or no or whatever. Then he just goes back to his friends. I told my friend when he asked me that(a girl) and she's like "aww Missy has a bf" Then I said nah. But then it made me start thinking....does he like me? Or is he just trying to reach out and be my friend?

Favorite Answer

it depends he could very well be looking for a conversation starter because like i always ask this girl i like if they're cheering at our game this week so maybe next time he asks this try extending the conversation and see where it goes if he trys to end it and get back to his friends he's not interested but if he stays and talks for awhile you might have a relationship in the brewing

yeah, to me, it sounds like he just knows you play basketball. But he might think you're cute but way too shy. So start opening up, and see how that goes for you.

Maybe he wants to get to know you better.

Jordan =)