are the mustangs good or bad cars?

I have pretty much heard 50-50 on both good and bad. Which one is right?

• Huba
    Favorite Answer

Most cars are as good as you treat them. there were a few bad years where the Mustang was little more than a Pinto dressed up nicely. But the new ones bring back the look and feel of the original. Ford is moving up in the consumer Report's ratings but is still behind Toyota and Honda. A Scion tC will give you a sporty look if that is what you are after - and affordable, too.

i offered an 02 v6 mustang w/ 48k miles on it for $6k final summer season of 08' and it had no issues and that i even dawged that vehicle every time i've got been given in it. crowned it out everywhere i went. Then merely this previous november i offered a ninety six Mustang gt 5-velocity with over 200k miles for $3k and that i've got been having a lot of stupid problems with the motor vehicle. Its no longer considerable issues interior the motor yet all the older factors are wiped out that i've got been changing. It needs or needed those following factors: Tires $450 Battery $one hundred ten Idle Air administration Valve $50 Oil substitute and lucas to end valve leak $30 Transmission/ grab/ Flywheel U Joint $600 Paint job $500 Head Unit (radio) $a hundred + $a hundred and eighty audio gadget i've got carried out the battery, iacv, oil substitute, tranny, grab, flywheel, u-joints, and offered the audio gadget. I nonetheless want somebody to put in the top unit and audio gadget, purchase tires, and do the physique artwork/paint job. restore value so some distance: $970 restore value to pass: $1150 My entire restore value: $2120 restore For every person else no longer understanding what there doing: AN expected $7000 Mustangs Are sturdy vehicles, you in basic terms Get What You Pay For!!!

They are bad to the bone!

But in a good way!

There is a reason that the name Mustang has remained in production from 1964.5 to the present. The main one is that it has lived up to the owners expectations in most cases (1974 to 1978 may be the exceptions).

Out of the box they are great, modified they are even better.

Wish they had independent suspension standard all the way around.

But I thrive in the mountains, what they have is ok for the free ways and drag strips.

• C7S

Bad.

I have driven many Mustangs, from a 1965, to 1988, to 1995, to 2002, to 2006.

All of them are horrible.

My classmate got a brand new Mustang in 2007 and the brakes failed and he ended up in a comma.

The Mustangs I have at my work at a dealership all have problems and very poor resale values.

They say the 8 cyl. is good but I would never want one. It's kinda become a girls car.

You either like them or you don't..... I can take em or leave them but I'm not stupid either..... If one comes along with a V8 at a good price I will jump right on it.....

there a cheap bulk sports car that is pretty reliable. so good

They suck.

Well they are cheap and could go fast for a little money. but for sure suck.

They are not good. They are awesome, amazing, extra-cool.

always had good luck with the ten i have owned.