Should I run away from home?

Things at my school haven't been going very well lately. Well, actually nothing in my life has. I am only 13 years old and I don't know what to do. Please help.

• Lulu
    Favorite Answer

Absolutely do NOT run away. The streets are filled with mean and evil people who would use and abuse you. Don't even think about it.

Talk to a school counselor and ask for suggestions. If everything is going badly right now, you may need some adult help. That's what they are there for. You could talk to a teacher, too. Someone older you trust.

Just don't do anything that will complicate your life any more or make it worse than you think it is now.

Things will get better, but you just need a little help right now.

Good luck to you, sweetie. God loves you. I care.

Running away is never a good solution. Most runaways end up as drug addicts or prostitutes, or both. There simply is no feasible way for a 13 year old to survive on their own - it's in your best interest to have an adult support and guide you throughout your teen years.

Avoiding a problem doesn't solve the problem - it just creates new ones. It's better to get help and find a way to solve the problem.

Talk to a school counselor, and talk to your parents. Explain your problems and ask for their help in solving them. Tell them what you've tried so far and why that hasn't worked.

If you're being abused, you can check your local phone book for Family & Children's Services and ask them to intervene on your behalf - you could get guardianship transferred to another fmaily member or adult you trust.

Be patient and look for solutions. Life is rough at 13, and it will be rough for years to come. But it does get better, and you do learn how to cope with it better. Hold on.

I don't think that you should run away

I had the same feelings when my dad died. I was suicidal and thinking of running away until i was 13.

PS

If you did run away, not only would it be extremely hard and most likely unfortunate, but your parents would call the police and things would happen and if you hadn't gotten VERY VERY far away and in a top secret hide out , they would find you and then your parents would put you into therapy and all sorts of junk.Plus, the water would be really bad between you and your parents.

When I was your age, I had a lot of the same thoughts. I am glad to say that things straightened out and everything was OK after a while.

1.)if u get caught how mad will your parents be, or if u come back (because in 5 years a lot can happen)

2.)are prepared the risks, because there is a good chance u may not live

3.)are u sure u want to be out in the open world with rapists, serial killers, gangs, and kidnappers

your young and a runaway, the perfect target for them

4.)how bad will it hurt your parents, family, and friends

5.)will you be able to? miss your family and friends, because even if u do come back they might be mad at u.

6.)also if u have any pets will u miss them, if your gone will they be abused, sold, starved, get no attention, or not be taken care of properly

think about it. there's a high chance u won't live.

NO NO NO do not run away from home. There are creeps out there that love to get their hands on kids who have. You are much better off handling your problems with help from teachers and parents who have your best interest at heart. Problems crop up for everyone of all ages, and they must be dealt with. Otherwise, we would all be runaways! Do not try to handle your problems by yourself. Tell someone, OK?

You are 13.

Some 18 year olds have a hard time living without their parents.

Be smart and don't run away.

running away would not be a good idea. if you want to show people you deserve respect hold you chin up and run through it, show them that you are boss! and your only 13! why would you want to start out the begining of you real life by ruining it?! DO NOT RUN AWAY!!!!!

My god!!!

13? When I was 13 I thought my life sucked. Well let me tell you the REAL WORLD sucks EVEN WORSE!!

I would kill to be 13 again and not have to worry about anything but school. School is only a fraction of your life! once its done..its done..

No dont run away. Talk to your family, thats what there there for to love and support you. If you left, your life would really be a mess.

Don't run away, don't do suicide either. Things will get better trust me. It might seem like a good idea at the time, but later on, you will be glad you didn't.