Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Why does george w bush claim to be a "conservative" when he goes through money like a kid in a candy store?

Favorite Answer

Don't know but conservatives voted for him and they must have their reasons. It certainly wasn't liberals.

There is not a single true conservative in the Bush administration. Some call them neoconservatives, but the words are meaningless. They are anti-constitutionalists, supporters of an imperial presidency. Nothing conservative about them.

First and foremost I am not a W fan. I've said it a lot lately that if he was to knock at my door the fight would be on. His lack of doing anything or having any economic fore-site has harmed not only my family but also the families of those I had to lay off.

He claimed to have conservative values when elected and their were times when a glimmer of conservatism shown through. In my opinion when it came to his own wants vs. Conservative values...guess who won?

The only thing I can say about "going through money" in his defense is the war. Wars cost a lot of money. But when you consider that we are in this war because of his lies...well I suppose there is no defense.

• wph00

Lets talk about the money Johnson spent on the "War on Poverty" how many trillions of dollars have been wasted trying to make the poor other than what they are.........POOR. That is a real waste....when O'bama is all said and done one thing you can count on....the poor will still be poor.

He is not, he is a Neo Conservative, they follow most of the conservative movement, except they love to spend money.

• Ben H

Good question. I think that he considers himself a social conservative, not a fiscal conservative..

He's only conservative when it comes to wealthy people's money. For us, its, Neo-Con time.

hes a conservative when it comes to helping out the middle class

• the d

yeah, uses a credit card anf has it maxed out to well over the limit.

with OUR money

He's certainly not a fiscal conservative...