What can I do with a bachelors in social work? Do you think its smarter to get my MSW right away?

I have about a year left of college before I graduate with a bachelors degree in social work. I've looked into a lot of different master's programs and even current job listings for social workers. I want to work with the aging population so I've been looking at colleges that offer certification in gerontology. Considering my goals and the idea of saving money, please offer me your advice: do you think it would be smarter to attend grad school right away so I can have a job sooner in the field I want to work in or do you think I could work in whatever is available after I graduate and maybe they would pay for me to get my masters? All current job openings for social workers require that you have a master. I'm afraid that if I don't go for my masters I will end up working at a place that pays minimum wage, nothing in relation to gerontology, doesn't off to pay my master, and it will feel like I did all this schooling for nothing......whats your take on all this?

...and thanks for your help...

• Baby G
    Favorite Answer

Definitely get your masters degree.