Andrew P asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Does my dog have a tumor?

I have a 5-7 year old Cocker Spaniel. He had a tumor on his leg when he was younger, but it was removed successfully, and he was fine. Last week I noticed a very small pinkish blackish, brownish lump on the outside of his lower lip. Is it a tumor or some kind of infection. It looks kinda scabby also. He loves to lick to anal region, and his private area. Could it be some kind of infection? Or is it a tumor? I really need help, thank you.

the bump on his mouth/lip is on the outside of the skin, not on the inside.

I also noticed no change in his behavior or health. He's actually happier and more energetic than he ever was. He sometimes doesn't eat his dog food, but he doesn't like dog food sometimes. When I show him some treats or human food, he is the hungriest dog in the world.

Favorite Answer

ANY lump should be investigated by a vet.If your dog has had a previous tumour a visit to the vet should be a matter of urgency as early diagnosis is of great importance...please don't delay.

We don't know! It would be very wise of you to take your dog to the vet, considering he has had a history of tumors in the past.

ADD:

It doesn't matter where the lump is-- a lump is a lump and it is not normal! you need a vet to diagnose these things, not some goonies off Y!A.

Add again--

THAT DOESN'T MATTER. you came on here asking a question, and got answers- Granted it wasn't the answer you were looking for--obviously, or you wouldn't be adding details as you go, trying to make it sound "not so bad". Just take your dog to the vet.

The best to find out is to go in and see a vet. They will be able to get a better idea of what it is by looking at it in person.

No behaviour chances does not mean it is nothing. You still need to see a vet.

Why are you asking us? We aren't vets. Take the poor thing to the vet's office.

• jrbw01

Is it hard or soft? My guess would be a tumor of some type of wart.