i want to break up with my boyfriend and need advice....?

ok i am planning on breaking up with my boyfriend of 4 years tonight. i am really nervous and simply do not know how to go about ending a 4 year relationship. i dont particularly care to remain friends or anything like that, but my question is how do i end it on good terms. i mean i dont want this to be an ugly or messy break up, and i want to be able to break up on good terms. any advice? right now we are not fighting or anything like that, i just feel like he is too self centered, greedy, and extremely selfish- and i need more than that. any advice is appreciated.

Favorite Answer

Be honest with him, that's the best way to go about it. Just explain to him why you don't want to be with him anymore.

Really make sure your ready to do this. I just had my heartbroken as well and its the most horrible feeling ever. A couple years ago I broke up with my ex (not the one that just broke my heart) and at the time I thought it was the biggest mistake of my life. I tried to tell him that I made a mistake but he would not answer my calls, text me, or see me. I was so miserable. But if your sure you want to do it, just tell him the truth. How you really feel. Dont get mad or anything. Be nice about it. Good Luck with whatever happens!!

Don't do it. I just had my heart broken, it really hurts.

You should get married. 4 years is a long time.