BOB
BOB asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Is Brock Lesnar the greatest fighter in MMA history?

He is the second half of the "greatest fight in history" at UFC 91 against Randy Coture who he will defeat.

Favorite Answer

No.

The greatest fighter you speak of already lost to Frank Mir, I guess that means Frank Mir is even greater.

Source(s): my brain ;)
  • Tao

Brock Lesnar is the greatest MMA fighter to have a 2-1-0 record and get a shot at a heavyweight title. This fight is a payday for UFC, for Lesnar, and for Couture and millions of MMA fans are buying it.

Look, Lesnar is a monster and a real athlete, but he's no great MMA fighter. He's fighting a guy that's way too old and who hasn't fought in over a year. I hate to say it but Lesnar will probably win due to sheer athleticism and size, not his skill. It just so happens that Couture is one of the greatest fighters in history. So is Muhammed Ali, but you don't see him fighting any more, and if he lost a fight this year nobody would claim that the winner was the greatest anything.

Randy Couture wants another big payday, and the exposure that comes with it. Win or lose he's happy. Lesnar is looking for a big payday too - if he beats a hall of famer he's vindicated, and if he loses, hey...he lost to a hall of famer! UFC gets paid no matter what.

I hate this fight for the same reasons I hated Kimbo and Elite XC. There is more hype than fight. It's only marginally more legitimate, and a title belt shouldn't be on the line here.

Mir/Nog will eventually take the belt from either Couture or Lesnar, and the sport will be weaker for this whole fiasco.

Um, okay, you clearly don't know anything about boxing. What Mayweather meant is that he is the best POUND FOR POUND fighter in the world, which he easily was when he was before he retired. As for Brock Lesnar, of course he could beat Mayweather! What are you even talking about? He's got almost 150 pounds and 8 inches on him! By the way, there is a very good chance that Mayweather will be coming out of retirement to face Paquiao.

You are out of your mind!!!!!!!!!! This guy has fought 3 fights in his life in MMA and he will get hammered by any of the top fighters cuz hes not an MMA fighter. Just cuz ur big doesnt mean you can fight and wrestle. Same story with Kimbo Slice just cuz u can fight on the street or even worse WWE!!! when its all set up doesnt mean u can fight with arguably the best fighter in all of UFC. Lesnar gets killed tonight on the floor no questions asked.

No Brock Lesnar is an average fighter right now but he can become very good in 5 yrs or so. The only reason he is getting a title shot is because of all the wreslting fans that watch him, he sells PPVs and so the UFC is giving him a title shot just because they will make bank off it.

Source(s): Common Sense

With all that muscle Lesnar is sure to gas out by the second round. Then Couture, with his superior conditioning is going to take the big man a part and wear him down. Lesnar's only chance is to land a powershot in the first round. Which is possible, but unlikely against a veteran like Couture.

Let me guess Bob. Your 12 years old, and have a man crush on Brock Lesner.

Greatest fight in history....hahahaha. Randy fighting Fedor would be the greatest MMA fight of all time.

He only has 3 MMA fights, let the guy get some more under his belt before you label him that.

First this is called the biggest fight in UFC history and what is meant by that is that they are projecting the biggest pay per view audience ever.

You can not label a fight the greatest fight before it has ever taken place.

I think he'll beat Couture, but there are still a few heavyweights who could beat him, including Fedor.

I get your point (I think). Dana White is billing this as the fight of the century, but I doubt it will live up to the hype. I think it will look a lot like Lesnar vs. Herring, which was okay, but not the most exciting fight.

No.

You obviously are attracted to Lesnars physique.

Don't be a *****.

Seriously, No one except WWE fans likes brock. There is tons of fighters who would wipe the floor with him.