are we born evil or we become evil?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How can you believe in the existence of Evil and appeal to nature over nurture at the same time? This is self-contradictory.

Evil would not exist if it were natural.

Evil (if it exists at all) is a consequence of free-will (if free-will exists at all). And free-will and evil go hand-in-hand

• 1 decade ago

So... if I understand this question correctly it is to challenge the belief of predestination or some genetically inherited trait of evil as in the case of Damien. Personally I do not believe in predestination or that one is born evil. So evil must seep its way into ones life thus making a person evil gradually. Under that assumption then the older a person is the more evil they must have become and to that avail nursing homes and retirement communities must be the central hub for all evil. It is best to avoid them at all costs and be weary of the evil people that inhabit them. I don't really believe that either but it is accurate in a logical sense. I suppose you could pose the same question about "good" and have the same hypothesis. "Evil" ..."Good"...whatever.

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I believe we are not born evil, and most of us do not become evil. Evil is a very strong word, I believe we are naturally good. We will all sin but we will not all become evil.

• 1 decade ago

We are all born in balance half good half bad, this is the Soul & Ego

As we grow we can use our Soul to balance our Ego which creates Good or our Ego over takes our Soul and we become Bad !

Example: As a young child walking down the road and you find a purse with money your ego would say keep it and spend the money, that is your EGO has no conscience or guilt that comes from your Soul

As you grow up and become a Adult you would think I should try and find the owner that is your SOUL to free our conscience of guilt

However we are here to learn from our lessons and with that we do make mistakes as long as we learn from them our Soul grows during our Journey

Love & Blessings

Milly

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

In my opinion, it's a bit of both. I think a good person born into a bad situation will come out of it a bit broken but essentially good. A bad person born into a good situation will come out spoiled and essentially bad. There are levels to this obviously and that is why I think it is a combination of genetics and environment.

PS. Those who tell you we are born good forget about serial killers who had normal childhoods. Some are born not so good.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

One can only be made evil becuase of someone else's evil actions.

And that person's evil actions can only be traced back to someone who did evil unto them.

And it goes on.

Where did evil begin?

Probably someone being too easily offended by a joke :P

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think we are born relatively innocent and that some, but not all, of us become evil.

Source(s): cj
  • KRS
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

We are born with an innate sense of peace and tranquility. We are minding our own business and it is not long before someone whacks us on the behind to make us cry. It's all downhill from there.

• 4 years ago

no person is born evil. except this is a few style of supernatural devil malarkey... yet, in case you think of roughly it, no person is evil. no person. Why? as a results of fact, all of us all of us does what they desire, and does what of their techniques, is 'right'. there is not any such element as right or incorrect, this is barely how we view issues. Osama Bin weighted down, did no longer think of he became interior the incorrect. the way he observed it, he became a hero to his God, and for what he believed, he concept he had executed something purely few human beings have executed for their Gods. no person purposely does something to be 'evil' this is in basic terms, to learn themselves, or others. those human beings you hear approximately, rapists, pedos, cannibals, and so on, maximum of them led prevalent lives outdoors their behavior. Rapists are not evil, yet in basic terms sick, some even raped or abused as little ones, and their ailment has long gone untreated and observed. Pedophiles are not mentally sick, yet have self assurance it or no longer, their sexual allure to little ones, no remember how sick this is, is particularly like somebody being fascinated in adult adult males, women, the two genders, older or youthful human beings. besides the undeniable fact that, the only distinction is, little ones are no longer able to sense a similar way sexually, as a results of fact they are no longer mentally, bodily stepped forward suitable, and that's what makes it risky and unacceptable. maximum, understand their urges are unacceptable and chosen to no longer act on it, or abuse little ones in any respect. all of us desires to do the 'right element' even though in others eyes, this is seen as thoroughly incorrect. as an occasion, Al Quida had distinctive ideals for what's misguided, then others. each and every so often, even a dying of a man or woman can look right, as some places in united states of america, capital punishment is enforced, some human beings have self assurance this is the in basic terms right element, some human beings have self assurance this is misguided. 'Evil' behaviour isn't the norm and all of us, desires to circulate away a satisfied life or be gratified in some small way, so evil behaviour is prevented, even though different people who're no longer empathetic, see the evil in others, yet i think all of us is powerful as long as they do what they think of is the in basic terms right element.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

both? some people learn it from their friends, environment etc. some are just like that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.