How do I wash my backpack?

Ok somebody at school today threw a packet of barbecue sauce on my backpack. I wiped off all the sauce on my backpack but it still smells like barbecue sauce. So how do I wash my backpack?

Favorite Answer

My son left a carton of chocolate milk in his back back for over a week, needless to say it was nasty when I finally found it. Just empty it out really good, pre- treat the stain with a bit of Dawn dish soap and throw it in the washing machine with a load of jeans. I put it in the dryer on a cool setting for about 20 minutes then took it out and let it air dry wrong side out. Hope this helps.

• XOXOX

I would put it in the sink with some hot water, and detergent and hand wash it. Sometimes a couple drops of bleach, or stain remover works wonders!

Depends on what kind of material it is. If it's canvas or cotton, or something like that throw it in the washer on gentle cycle. If it's leather I don't know, maybe a dry cleaner.