How far is too far in a relationship?

I like my boyfriend a lot. I started liking him this summer at a camp, and I'm so happy that we're finally together...it's been over 2 months, and yes, we've made out, french kissed, and that stuff. But today, he kinda surprised me...his hand went to my breast, and I didn't know how to react to it. He's always told me to tell him if he's touching me in places that I don't want him to, and I've always thought that that would be easy, but I'm not sure now, and I'm kinda confused. I need, in some way, I don't care, help. One thing that I know is that I am SO NOT having sex until I'm married, but right now, I'm not sure about that other thing, so please please help me!

Favorite Answer

My dear sweet sister in the Lord. I am praying for you. I have seen some good answers on here and I hope that you pray and seek God's wisdom. One thing I can say is that it is very good and beautiful to wait until you are married but that is not just for sex. I think that it means anything that could make your heart too connected to the other person. I am not going to kiss my husband until our wedding day. I do not want to kiss any man that is not my husband. I believe that the man God has chosen to be my husband will have the same values. It is hard to think about your purity when you are kissing and making out with someone.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Another verse that speaks to me about who my husband will be is this.

Ephesians 5: 25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

A godly man will present his wife to the Lord without blemish. I believe that a man should guard over a woman's purity before and after marriage. You want a man that treasures that gift that God has given you because you are so precious to the Lord. Your husband will wash you with God's word and always want your relationship with the Lord to be first. While you are single I think that you should wait until God brings that godly man into your life and trust that you will know God's voice and that godly man will not stumble you in anyway and he will cherish your purity. I hope this helps you. I will pray. God bless you

• I am answering this question out of love and concern, I seen on your profile that you said that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior so I'm answering it out of care for a sister in the Lord.

I thank God that you are stating that you will not have sex until you are married, because we know that is what God's will is. I hope that you can see more about what God's will is, and who you are in Him and how much He values you. Living holy ( or set apart for the Lord ) is more than only waiting to have sex until marriage. ( which we should do ) We have to see ourselves how God sees us, and realize that we are holy, precious, and we belong to Him, and every part of our body we should submit to the Lord, to be used by Him and for His glory.

Romans 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Our bodies are living sacrifices to God, we should be holy ( set apart for Him ) and we should honor Him with our body and with every thing that we have. Do you think that God wants someone putting their hands on His precious daughter in that way, that is not your husband? Does what you do glorify God? Would you be ashamed before the Lord ? He sees and knows everything that we do, I think you already know the answers to these things, and that is why you are asking, and I thank God for that, you must obey what the Lord has placed in your heart, and not be afraid to tell anyone no.

1 Thessalonians 4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

4 That every one of you should know how to possess his vessel in sanctification and honour; 5 Not in the lust of concupiscence, even as the Gentiles which know not God:

Our bodies belong to God, we should know how to keep it in sanctification and honor. Sanctification is purity, to be set apart for God's purpose. We should honor the Lord with our bodies as well, that is why we must ask if what we are doing is honoring God? God's word says not in the lust of concupiscence ( which means strong sexual desire ) so we should not allow those lust to rule over us, but be set apart for the Lord in holiness, purity, and do those things that honor Him.

1 Corinthians 7:34 There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

We see that we should be holy both in body and in spirit. Our bodies are not our own, but are bought with a price, we belong to Jesus and He paid a great price for us, our bodies and spirits were made to serve the Lord and to glorify Him.

1 Corinthians 6:15 Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.

16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

18 Flee fornication. Every sin that a man doeth is without the body; but he that committeth fornication sinneth against his own body.

19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

There is so much in God's word about these things, we have to guard our hearts, that is where all of these things start. We have to see the value of God's word, and how He sees us as His children, and just be obedient to Him.

I would like to say a few things about what you said about your boyfriend.

What is his commitment to Christ? Does he love Jesus? You said he told you to tell him if he is touching you in places that you don't want him to.

That seems to mean to me that he is going to touch you in as many places as you let him. That he doesn't see the value of living a holy life for the Lord, and that he may not see fornication as wrong either. No one should be touching your breast in a sexual manner like that unless it is your husband. You have to see that you are valuable to the Lord and that holiness and purity is valuable to Him as well. I don't think that your boyfriend respects you and honors you at all, he should see the value of these things too. It is no

Either say no or don't.