Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

whyGOPs like to label people as "anti-American" just because they disagree with their Southern values?

Favorite Answer

I live in upstate NY which is almost as far north as you can get. I agree with GOP values. Your generalizing. Many of your leftist liberals are Anti-American. Most of the policy they pass it destructive to America.

Can't tell whether you question is ill-informed or intentionally insulting.

The Republican party is not a Southern Party.

You can see from this map, that shows the county-by-county results ov this year's election, that the GOP gets it's RED voting strength across the US.

There are almost NO Blue States, only Blue cities and some little pockets of Blue, mostly immigrant and poor areas and college towns full of lefties.The GOP has lost the NE but the rest of the country is still predominantly red.

http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/2008/11/comparis...

Conservatives often use the term "anti-American" because they firmly believe in the values of the Constitution and hold that much of the Liberal Gospel has moved away from that.

Liberals are far to willing to submit our sovereignty to other nations, to fail to defend our security at home and abroad against obvious threats, and frankly, the "share the wealth" idea was completely beyond the pale.

If you don't understand what is wrong with that, I suggest you start reading the Constitution and American History.

Not all of them do. And you shouldn't waste a good question by generalizing. The question is, "Why do some members of the Republican Party label people as anti-American because they disagree with their ultraconservative values?" Hey, maybe I'll ask it.

I'm in the South and I don't know what you mean. Not all people in the South are hicks or religious fanatics you know, I met more radicals when I visited friends up North than I ever experienced here where I live.

Ignorance is everywhere.

Generalizations are almost always wrong.

I'm from the south. You would not believe the stupidity I am subjected to on a daily basis. But please don't think that all southern folks are like that...There are a lot of democrats in the south. We are just outnumbered.

I flew an American flag right next to my Obama sign.

Is that because we hate killing babies and spreading the wealth?!

Or because almost all U.S oil and food products come from the south? Or is it we defend our county with dignity and pride and kill mass murderers from other countries? Or is it we are strong in our faith? Or is it we know how to live a life outside the walls of a 20-story apartment bulding? Or is it we know how to drive cars that aren't foreign made toyota corrolla's?

Take your pick

Define American? American Citizen? We are all American, no matter what our Beliefs.

If Anti-AMerican means I'm anti-American government, call me what you like.

I bet you GOPs are going to be Anti-American soon as Obama take office

It wasn't southern values that stopped gays from getting married in CA now was it.

What exactly is Southern value ?

can you specify

I feel it's more logical to call them anti-American for talking trash about our President-elect. That seems much more anti-American to me.