radrake988 asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

ok I have two dogs they have the same father but diferent mouther can I breed them two gether ?

Favorite Answer

Get them fixed for God's sake. There are enough ill-bred dogs being killed in shelters everyday because of backyard breeders like yourself. Need money? Get a damn job. Don't use your dogs as a cash crop. UGh!

I have seen dog breed that are that close but it is not advisable as any genetic flaws the father/grandfather has will be sure to show up in the litter. Some breeders do matings this close to see if the dog they are line breeding on dose have faults in his genetic make up that are not seen with a naked eye. I think it is not the right thing to do & the likely hood of joint problems & bad mouths are high.

Source(s): breeder 10yrs
  • Jeanne

This is very complicated, but....contrary to what people think, this is successfully done. It would all depend on the quality of the sire. IF he is spectacular and very small faults (all dogs have faults, even Chs) it could work. Check out some pedigrees, you will see the same male being used over and over.....but you can only do this if you absolutely know the background of the male. That is very important, since his genes will be put in there 2x. This will bring out the good, but it will also bring out the bad 2x. Safer to breed to unrelated but very good quality.

Ask yourself a question: if you had a sibling that was the opposite sex as you and you had the same father but a different mother would you have a baby with him or her??

No you can not breed them!!

They are Step siblings!

That is called Inbreeding!!!

It should never be done.

Just look at it this way::

Would you want to have kids with your Step brother/sister??

Of course the answer would be no! Its Inbred!!

Have them (Dogs) both Spayed and Neutered.

Hope this helps! :)

Source(s): Dog Lover, Proud Owner of a Black Lab mix and a Purebred American Akita, and i know a lot about Dogs!!
  • Gwyn

Nope. AKC has a huge section on breeding. Are your dogs registered and do you have the pedigree list?

No they still contain similar genes and this could rock the gene pool in their offspring, which could increase the risk of future diseases, conditions with their offspring and so on and so on...

ok, I have a sister. We have the same father, but different mothers. Can I sleep with her?

I would call a pro breeder before i breed them,but it might be fine its your chiose.

Would you have sex with your half-brother or sister?

Get them fixed. There is enough unwanted dogs in this world.