HELP! Many odd symptoms. Mainly abdominal issues.?

I am 20 year old female, healthy weight/diet/exercise. These are the symptoms I have been experiencing;

*Bloating, and abdominal fullness all the time.

*Blood on toilet paper after b.m. (Dr. said no hemorrhoids, but VERY faint trace blood on rectal swab)

*Stabbing cramps

*Change in bowel movements, sometimes dark/small/hard other times very loose/light..... also very painful.

*creaking sounds coming from abdomen, persistent gas comes and goes.

*feeling like I have to have a b.m. but can't (laxatives/enema does not help)

*very tired all the time

*lower back pain (pinching when I bend over)

*pain radiates from left to right and around naval.

****every since a trip to Jamaica in 06' I have been having weird health problems. Started with aggressive and chronic UTIs/kidney infections. Now not so much, just these persistent abdominal issues for the past few months.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Well my BMI shows I am underweight, barely. I have always been small though and don't gain weight easily. I am 5'9" and 130 lbs. My eyes may look a little yellowish, not much though.

Also, this is very random but just another weird thing. I was in Hawaii a couple years ago and went swimming in a mountain lake, woke up the next morning covered in small clear filled blisters (not from sun). They would pop and expand... sore to touch and at the same time I began to experience severe diarrhea and chills. Never found out what it was.

Favorite Answer

Any signs of jaundice (whites of your eyes and skin turning yellow)? Any signs of fever or weight loss?

EDIT: You're going to want to go to a hospital. You have a LOT of symptoms that could mean many things. Your experience in Hawaii could possibly have been an exposure to some sort of infectious organism in the water, could be bacterial or protozoan.

Do you show any signs of tingling/weakness in your hands and feet? If so, abdominal pain, constipation, generalized weakness, and weakness/tingling of the limbs could be symptoms of a genetic disorder known as Acute Intermittent Porphyria, which is sometimes triggered by infections. Only way to confirm is to go to a hospital and have them run tests for it.

Also, get blood tests for your body's bilirubin, ALT, AST, BUN, and Creatinine levels. If you say that your eyes are even slightly yellow, it's possible that it may be your liver. Liver problems could also explain a lot of those symptoms, constipation, abdominal pain, even the constant infections. Good luck.

You poor poor thing, what an awful thing to go through. A persistent, chronic UTI is a serious problem, any competent doctor should tell you that. If they are left untreated, they can lead to a more serious infection, which is what I think has happened in your case. The infection will travel upward and eventually settle on the kidneys. The symptoms you describe certainly could lead you in that direction. They have done ultrasounds of your abdomen and pelvis, but Why not the kidneys? That would have been the first place I would have checked, but I am not a doctor. I do so wish you all the best, and I hope that this helps a little. Good Luck to you, and I hope you feel better soon.

See a GI doctor, you could have a number of intestinal problems, crohns disease, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis etc.....

take care!