I get big red pimples every time i shave ? ?

every time i shave i get pimples they arnt ingrowns and they are big and painfull and take ages to go away even when i dont touch them

and they are just red not white ?

Update:

i use loreal shaving cream i also use a facial scrub before and also have a expensive razor that isnt old and i use aftershave balm :s

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

my husband use to have the problem but is not as worse as it use too...when u use a facial scrub u r exfoliating ur skin u should not use it before or after u should do this at least 3 times a week get a cleanser that is for sensitive skin and for pimples to use everyday with a moisturiser that is for skin type...i bought my husban this product call tend skin which has calm down the break out like unsightly razor bumps, ingrown hairs and razor burns its for men and women.. you can get it only line or some beauty supply stores have them... lok it up only here is the website :::

Source(s): www.tendskin.com
  • Brad F
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Try using a facial scrub before you shave it will help get rid of the dry skin that could induce acne, then after you shave use a facial lotion for dry skin

• 1 decade ago

you sure is from shaving? if it the shaving cream or the razor is irritating your skin, you may have sensitive skin. you need to change up on you shaving products your using. shave every 2 weeks let your skin calm after shaving by leaving on a warm towel on to the area you shave on.

• 1 decade ago

You are most likely allergic to your shaving cream. Try using a different brand of shaving cream. Try to find a kind that is hypoallegentic.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

old razor or crappy shaving cream, get an after shave balm (not alchohol aftershave) it really helps.

also are you shaving against the grain>??

try a gillette fusion (for a man or a woman)

• 1 decade ago

u don't just get "pimples when you shave. they are just ingrown hairs. they don't haf to be white to be ingrown. and ingrowns do take a long time to go away...u might wan tto use some soothing lotion but the best thing to do is just wait it through. i know its painful, but u goota go trhough it.

• 1 decade ago

Make you sure is face is nice and moist when you shave, And you a lot of shaving cream.

• 1 decade ago

first of all.......if you get big red pimples and they're not white, put some makeup on or get a better razor!!!! or just don't go out in public if you don't get any any makeup or go 2 the doc. and get them ugly big pimples checked!! go and strut ur pimples!! u go boy

• 1 decade ago

the razor you use is not for sensitive and thats what you have and you shave to hard

• 1 decade ago

use after shave dat help

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.