what would you do about this?

im plannin on transfering schools at semester to figure out what i want to do. ill be about ten minutes away from the town my boyfriend lives in and my mom just thinks that im moving there because he is there. how can i make her realize that i want to go there for education....and just have him as a perk. she is totally agianst the idea because she thinks im following him....and i could go to my hometown to a community college....but she dosnt understand that i dont want to move home.

i think you should just explain the situation and the school....tell her why you really wanna go to this school...talk about the good things that it offers and when she says "well what about the fact that your boyfriend is near you", you say something like "mom thats beyond the point, he could live 100 miles away and i would still wanna go here."

its a very convincing way to get parents to understand...they can be very difficult and have alot of letting go issues but you just need to make her understand that you really wanna go to this school

good luck

Tell her that the school you want to go to is better than the community college and it's time for you to get out into the real world and as hard as it is for her to accept you don't want to be sheltered anymore.

I'd say stop trying to prove anything to her, just do what you have to do. If you can go there and still get your ducks in a row that speaks louder than anything you could ever say.. Plus im sure it just sounds like excuses when you try and explain to her.

just go and prove it that you want to go to that school