Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareOther - Hardware · 1 decade ago

How do I get sound from my video card to my TV?

I currently have an ATI Radeon 4870 with an HDMI cable hooked up to my TV. How do I make the sound come through to my TV, so that when I watch a movie, the sound doesn't come out of my computer speakers?

Favorite Answer

Don't listen to people that say you can't do sound from your graphics card. The 4870 can output sound through a HDMI cable. I haven't tried it myself but you know when you first install the card. It should ask you if you want to install the sound drivers. After that ATI HD audio rear output should appear in your sound properties. Again I haven't tried it because I use component but try selecting that.

You really don't. The video card is completely independant of the sound card. Of course, there might be a way to internally connect your sound card to the ATI card so the sound will come out to through the HDMI, but I doubt it.

i am not 100% sure but, go to sounds in the control panel and select the Audio Playback tab. in the audio output select the 2nd output. I dont know if it will work but give it a try...