e-x shredd asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

does smoking cigs make anxiety or depression worse?

don't waste your time telling me don't smoke or eww that's gross because choose to smoke and i know it can kill me blah blah ......

i just want to know because i smoke like 2-3 cigs a day some times like 1 but i just want to know if it makes my anxiety worse intensifies it? because some times i feel and mild anxiety attack when i smoke so i just put it out and also does it make the anxiety medication i work less effective?

( if it is in the wrong section i apologize but i figured people with mental with mental illness are probably already on medication

Favorite Answer

hi

consult Doctor about this but it effect because the smoke which comes from cigarettes which give trouble to your nerves systems which causes anxiety

friendly advise

pl quit the cigs this is very harmfull to yourhealith especially heart

bye

It shouldn't. Cigs actually reduce anxiety.

It could. I noticed i would get anxiety after smoking. It could be the nicotine in the cigs. not sure, but it did me

smoking works both ways actually. mentally it helps to reduce stress but physically it speeds up your heart rate and nervous system so either way...stress

usually when people smoke it relieves them of anger and/or stress.

Source(s): smoke breaks at work.

cigs make EVERYTHING worse!

smoke bongs!