Is my dog ok he ate frozen pork?

Ok so about 5 days ago my dog ate some frozen pork that was sitting on the counter defrosting is he going to be ok? (Hes a Boxer dog)

Favorite Answer

Well it's a little late to be asking now!

Regardless if it was raw or cooked he is fine if nothing has come of it yet.

As far as I know it was an issue with worms but only with raw pork. It seems that I have heard even that is not true anymore due to the way meat handling is. To be sure cook pork anyway if you are going to feed it. I stick to chicken.

• Ren

dogs have very strong stomach acid and can digest raw meats with out any harm. the only time i would be worried would be if he ate raw chicken.

Well, does he have any symptoms? If not then he's absolutely fine. If it was frozen then it probably wasn't contaminated and even if it was he'd have had symptoms by now.

If it happened 5 days ago and nothing happened he should be fine.

Don't you love it when they counter surf?<g> The only problem would have been is if you killed him for stealing dinner.

he'll be just fine besides you would have known before now...