what should I do with this scam?

I was looking for an apartment for rent around manhattan with good price then I found it..its near timesquare for $900 only but the owner of the place is in west africa so he said to send deposit 1st to him then he will send the key and document to me but I didnt believe him so the next day I went to search for the apartment and I didnt find any apartment over there and I asked the police,he said that around there no apartment at all,its only theather and MTV building...the owner of the place kept calling me to send the deposit...but I ignore it..so this is just bullshit...its scam...be careful!

what I want to ask is what should I do if he keep calling me?

Favorite Answer

That is a well known scam. Just ignore it. There is not much you can do when the person is not in your country.

₪ ɦəlʞɹɐq ₪

If he keeps calling you say "just a minute I'll go get him/her" then place the phone by a radio and walk away.

International calls are not cheap and the scammer will soon stop!

Can you block his number? Report to the FBI maybe?

maybe tell him to stop calling then if he doesn't notify the police for harrassment