astroboy asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

Young Indian batsmen?

Wanted to ask about promising young Indian batsmen coming through who can replace Ganguly, and Dravid. Or even Laxman and Tendulkar in a year or two...anyone to look out for?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • вєи
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Cheteshwar Pujara is the next big thing, and he will easily fit into Dravid's shoes. As Oracle mentioned he made a 302 not out the other day. He also score two triple centuries in U-22 cricket last month. Scoring over 300 runs shows his temperament. When you score it on a regular basis it shows quality & class.

I don't know where will M Vijay will fit in.But he should be in the team. But I think Badrinath or Raina will replace Ganguly at least for the next series. Tendulkar's batting prowess cannot be emulated by anyone. Who should replace Tendulkar? Maybe Rohit Sharma. There are players like Shikhar Dhawan, Manoj Tiwary and of course Yuvraj Singh. And there is Virat Kohli & Mohd Kaif as well. One of them will have to replace Laxman. But will they be in the team for longer periods or will they have to be shuffled around. We'll have to wait & see.

• 4 years ago

I dont think these batsmen can do this. But as nothing is impossible Virat Kohli has some chances to do this as he comes top of the order.He can play 50 overs & can also play with good strike rate. But there are many International players who can easily score 200 in ODIs - Chris Gayle, Shane Watson, David Warner, Brendon McCullum, Kevin Peterson, Kumar Sangakkara, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Cheteshwar Pujara. He is a 20 year old batsman from Gujarat, who plays for Saurashtra in the Ranji Trophy. He has just scored a triple hundred against Orissa, and shared in a fifth wicket partnership of 520 with Ravindra Jadeja.He was the top scorer in the last Under 19 World Cup, and has an appetite for big runs.

• 1 decade ago

Rohit sharma

Source(s): kashikooler979.brain
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bill P
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

I think In dia is going to have some major problems in replacing the fab 5 in what will probably be a short period of time.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

rohit sharma, kohli, badrinath, etc

• john
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

rohit

• 1 decade ago

me....lol

Rohit Sharma

You can see his profile on:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohit_Sharma

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.