When I boil oatmeal on a stove top, how do I make it so the oatmeal doesn't stick to the pot?

Do you use oil? Seems like it would make it taste kinda nasty. After I'm done scooping it out of the pot, there's some leftover sticking to the bottom.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I've never had that problem. Sounds like you're burning it.

Bring to a boil 1 quart of unsweetened soy milk.

Add 2 cups of rolled wheat flakes and 1/4 tsp of salt.

If you like add cinnamon, chopped apples, dried fruit, etc.

When it starts to boil again remove from heat, cover and allow to stand for 15 min.

Source(s): ~The Fat Man
  • 1 decade ago

I assume you are referring to non-instant oatmeal?

Personally, I think that oatmeal sticks no matter what you try and do. I wouldn't suggest oil but you can REDUCE the stickiness. For example, you could use butter.

Make sure you do not overcook the oatmeal. Why? Well not only will your oatmeal NOT come out correctly, but it will burn not only your oatmeal but the pot too. (It also makes the sickness a lot worse)

With this in mind remember to constantly stir the oatmeal.

Hope this helps.

• 1 decade ago

Dear fellow oatmeal lover -

I know exactly what you mean about the oatmeal sticking. My advice is for after you scoop it all out. Immediately fill the pot with COLD water. In a short time the oatmeal will come out easily. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to stop this in the first place.

Happy eating & cleaning.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

if the left over is a problem because your not getting enough, make a little more other than that, serve it, set it in the sink, run water in it and wash it right away or add a little dish soap and let it soak. You cannot avoid sticky oatmeal. Thats just the nature of the beast.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • divya
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Add the oatmeal only after the water starts to boil.This ay it doesnt stick. Also kep stirring once in the middle.

• 4 years ago

Microwave. besides the undeniable fact that, do no longer 'hardboil' eggs interior the plastic cups that are used for beer pong, interior the microwave. It blows up violently then the door shoots open and egg splat everywhere. It additionally strikes and feels like a showering device on the spin cycle. real tale. you're welcome.

• 1 decade ago

You don't boil the oatmeal, you boil the water, and add it to the oatmeal, and then add milk, butter, and sugar, and you have the best oatmeal ever!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

just make it in the microwave,

or in a metal bowl sprayed with pam or soemthing

• 1 decade ago

Constantly stir it.

• 1 decade ago

butter lots of butter

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.