Kayla
Kayla asked in Education & ReferenceHomework Help · 1 decade ago

Can you tell me if these are right?

I'd had to say if these numbers were rational or irrational number...can you tell me if I did it right?

the square root of -19 - irrational

0.3 repeating - rational

7.43 - rational

-12 - rational

square root of 32 - rational

101 - rational

and if I did, can you tell me what I did wrong. Thank you.

Favorite Answer

All of it is right except the square root of 32, the square root of -19 is irrational because it can't be expressed as a fraction and isn't a terminating decimal; 0.3 repeating can become 1/3 so it's rational; 7.43 is rational because it terminates; -12 is rational because it terminates; the square root of 32 is irrational because it can't be expressed as a fraction and isn't a terminating decimal; 101 is rational because it terminates.

Only the square root of square numbers are rational.

-19 is not a square number therefore you are correct this is an irrational number.

This also applies to the square root of 32. It is irrational.

0.3 repeating is irrational also.

all seem to be right except for the square root of 32 its not rational the square root of 32 is irrational

sqrt of 32 is irrational...

just so you know to be sure, rational is if it is possible to put into a fraction form, so to speak

irrational can not be put into a fraction form, basically <---basically

yeah you did it right... but i think that 0.333 repeating is irrational because it's a never ending decimal... but i could be wrong