I am a seventh day adventist they do not believe in jewelry, but i want to pierce my ears. What must i do? ?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • rkd6
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you believe in your religion, then don't pierce your ears. My wife didn't pierce her ears (our religion isn't against it or anything, it was just her choice). Her life turned out just fine.

• 1 decade ago

If you want to call yourself a Seventh Day Adventist then you really should follow their beliefs. That means that if they don't believe in Jewelry... you shouldn't get your ears pierced.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Convert to a religion that allows pierced ears or stay an Adventist and abide by the rules.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Find out WHY SDAs don't believe its good to wear jewelry and if it matches up with what the Bible says and you feel convicted that you shouldn't wear jewelry then don't go against your convictions.

If you read into it and study the Bible about it and don't feel convicted that you shouldn't wear jewelry then go ahead and wear jewelry. The main point I'm making is find out what YOU believe and don't go by what others believe. AND I'm even an SDA but I'm not going to tell you what I personally believe, you need to learn how to think for yourself and listen to the Holy Spirit. Can't go wrong that way! ;-) Jewelry may be a small issue compared to others but its a good enough place to start!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Either pierce your ears or don't, it's not like you have a third option.

Just keep in mind that if you pierce your ears and then not put any jewelry in there, it will just heal after a while, leaving no hole.

• 1 decade ago

You can either change religions, drop religion, or change Christian denomination. Most are cool with jewelry.

EDIT: Ah yes, you can also get clip-on earrings. (Are those still made?).

• 1 decade ago

They are your ears, if you want to pierce them, do it. If your church can't except you for who you are, than obviously they aren't to good to begin with.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are your ears, God gave them to you for you to do what ever YOU think is best

Source(s): battlen major reglousBS most of my life
  • Mr. E
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Follow your conscience rather than the religious dogma that has been handed down to you.

• 1 decade ago

convert, or pierce your ears but don't put earrings in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.