Matt C asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

What is a phiten?????

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It is a company that sells necklaces, bracelets, and sleeves which are suppose to relieve pain. I play baseball and I where the sleeves just to keep my throwing arm warm when I don't want to wear another shirt underneath my uniform but the other stuff I would only get because it looks cool.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

A major company providing consumers with products they claim are health-promoting, like their line of titanium infused necklaces, bracelets, and tape. They also carry many other lifestyle products like t-shirts, socks, towels, pillows and blankets. Phiten is headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, but also carries business in six other major cities in Japan, as well as the US (although these tend to be knockoffs), Korea, China, Germany, England, and Mexico.

The name "Phiten" comes from the Greek letter phi Φ, which symbolizes a perfect balance in the natural world. Thus, the Phiten products aim to create a balanced flow of energy throughout the body, helping to ease stress and fatigue from daily work or exercise. The technology behind the products can be quite confusing, and is not approved by the FDA. But the company claims that their processing of titanium into a water-soluble form (aqua-titanium), is what "improves blood circulation, relieves tension or stiffness of the muscles, and generally relaxes your body." Their explanation for how Phiten affects the body is that "when you're tired or stressed, the body's positive and negative ions are not balanced, therefore causing tension or aches. However, the aqua-titanium processed necklace, bracelet, and even tape will help to stabilize those ions and restore the flow of energy."

The company was founded in 1982 by Yoshihiro Hirata. Originally, Hirata wanted to become a Japanese chef and actually took apprenticeship for many years. However, after an illness sidelined his goal to become a chef, Hirata researched and studied physical therapy and rehabilitation methods on his own. At the age of 29 he started his own physical therapy center where he would invent the titanium infused tape, and would eventually build up to where Phiten is now.

Today, Phiten is a household name in Japan. Countless athletes and organizations endorse the products and believe the power behind the titanium-infused technology. Some of the major athletes in Japan that wear Phiten are: Shingo Katayama (pro golfer), Naoko Takahashi (Olympic medal marathon runner), Tomoaki Kanemoto (pro baseball player), and Yu Darvish (pro baseball player). Even in the US, Phiten's exposure to the public is growing, all due to star athletes wearing and supporting the products. The company sponsors many MLB players like Josh Beckett, Joba Chamberlain, Randy Johnson, Clay Buchholz, Justin Verlander, Justin Morneau, and Brandon Webb. They also sponsor the likes of Sergio Garcia (pro golfer), Paula Radcliffe (marathon runner), and Jennie Finch (pro softball player).

In 2007, Phiten acquired a license for the Major League Baseball Authentic Collection. It became the first Japanese company to get the MLB Authentic License, and only 9 other worldwide corporations have that license. They are expanding their popularity and market through MLB.

Source(s): wikipedia
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

What is a phiten?????

Source(s): phiten: https://tr.im/5r936
  • Mr.B
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Phiten is the Greek word for "marketing scam"

A bunch of pseudo-science crap meant to sell necklaces to baseball players and to the people who idolize those players. You want to channel ions from your body? How about just touching a piece of metal like the dugout railing? It's called grounding yourself and that's why we sometimes spark after walking across nylon carpet. If the necklace isn't grounded, the circuit isn't complete, ergo, no "negative ions" leaving your body.

Source(s): Grade 10 science.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Those colorful titatinium necklaces that a lot of Red Sox players (and others) like to wear. Just the latest fad.

• 1 decade ago

apparently it is some kind of necklace that all of the kids think they need for some reason.

I asked a question as to why people (kids) think they need these, and everyone that owned them told me that they have them because their favorite players wear them and they want to be like them.

Thats all I got for you. Someone else may be able to give you a more accurate definition.

• Zydeco
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

a necklace that red sox players wear red sox rule

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Is this necklace that the players wear?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

necklace

• 1 decade ago

relaxes you when playin...neclace

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.