my college essay..where to start?

i'm absolutely clueless about starting to write college essays...all my friends have specific things they can write about like a job they've had all through high school or a sport they've always played. but ive never played any sports...and the one job i had sophomore year lasted like 6 months. ive never really had anything big happen thats worth writing about.

two of the schools im applying to are mount ida and southern new hampshire university. i checked the mt ida site today and it said that you have to write a "personal statement". i was hoping they would give me a topic...and snhu i couldnt find the essay on the site. i really have no idea what to write about im freaking out!

Favorite Answer

You could describe a talent, a habit, an experience, and how that ties in to your overall personality/attributes. Describe the attributes that you will be able to share with your future classmates.

There is something you can write about. How about writing about your future career. Or why you want to attend these universities. You could write about something life changing that has happened to you. There are many things. But ask your English teacher to help you.