Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Simple And Easy Vegetarian Meal?

I am babysitting a 4th grader tonight, and I need a vegetarian meal that is simple and quick to make. Any suggestions?

Favorite Answer

First off, you need to know what kind of vegetarian this kid is: vegan, ovo-lacto (meaning eggs & milk are OK) or ???

If eggs & milk are ok, then a quick mac & cheese would probably suffice - how about some cut fruit on the side. If the kiddo is a vegan (no animal no way) then you could make some pasta (toss with olive oil, garlic & parsley) or how about bean quesadillas (vegetarian refried beans in tortillas, toast in a pan ala grilled cheese style).

Lastly, you may want to wait until the kiddo gets to your place so you know what kind of dinner he or she usually eats. In a pinch, my kids love buttered noodles and could eat it three meals a day.

Good luck & have fun!

Jewels

Spaghetti. I'm a vegan, my spouse is not.. If the child is a vegetarian, most likely his folks will have "meatless" hamburger in the house.. I even smuggle it in the food I make for meat eaters.. You can make tacos out of it too. If you have no meat at all, use tomato sauce and add garlic/onion powder w/ a little sea salt and pepper.. If they eat cheese or soy cheese add that to the top.. Personally, shouldn't the parents supply the food for the child? Unless it is for you.. when all else fails, whole grain cereal with fresh berries and soy or rice milk is always good. Or, even an organic baked potato with soy butter is healthy.. I throw a little flax seed on it for fiber.. anything is better than meat. Good luck.. OH, make sure the child is not allergic to gluten or soy.. :)

Source(s): I'm vegan and always looking for easy ideas.. Just a quick response to try to help

Tortilla Rollups

these are VERY yummy and easy!!

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened

1 cup sour cream

1 (1 ounce) package dry fiesta-style ranch dressing mix

1 cup chunky salsa

1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

10 (10 inch) flour tortillas

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, fiesta-style ranch dressing mix, chunky salsa and Cheddar cheese. Spread even amounts of the mixture onto the tortillas. Roll tortillas and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.

To serve, slice the chilled, rolled tortillas into 3/4 inch slices and arrange on a large serving platter.

Surely you know how to make macaroni and cheese (Or really any kind of pasta)? Try that, pretty much all kids like mac & cheese. If they don't, you could just make a PB & J sandwich. :) Or maybe if they have some frozen veggie burgers, you could just microwave or put them in the oven, they're super easy to make.

im a teen veggie too and my favourtie dish to make is a simple pasta and spicy tomato sauce just fry some onions, garlic and chillies and add a tin of tomatoes or a jar of tomato sauce you can also add anything else like peppers, mushroom etc and boil the pasta and add it to the sauce you can have side dishes too like salad or bread rolls

make him acorn squash stuffed with wild rice and dried cranberries-you can cook the squash in the microwave for 12 minutes or so...just cut it cross wise and a protein sorce such as beans

tuna salad ..