0.25Mb Broadband... that's stupid.?

I did a speed check on my internet, and scored 0.25Mb.

The average for my area is 3Mb I think, which is already low, but 0.25?

We pay for a 8Mb connection, though I it is an 'up to' 8Mb.

But surely 0.25 is stupidly slow.

I cannot get a game on Call of Duty on my PS3 because I cant connect to the Activision Servers.

My question, is there any way of speeding up the connection?

Bearing in mind, I do not live in a cabled area.

Favorite Answer

I'd call your ISP and throw a fit. If your paying for and 8Mb you should get an 8Mb.

Remember the squeaky wheel get the greese.

Good Luck.

• GTB

Aparently you have a CATV supplier as DSL does not run at an up to 8 Mbps.

Let's first do some checking. Turn of modem, disconnect router, connect 1 pc via wired link to modem. Turn on pc and modem and let them warm up. Run a speed test using an internet speed test site (do not believe a downloading server's download rate is your speed as this is far from the truth). If it is 0.25 Mbps and you are supposed to be getting around 8 Mbps, contact the ISP while pc is connected directly to modem and get them involved.

If the speed is near the 8 Mbps all is as it should be. However, remember that the internet is divided among all users in roughly equal allocation so if you have several heavy users simultaneously, each gets a lesser than full speed. If you have wireless LAN, redo your security to include MAC validation and a strong preshare key to keep hackers from hogging bandwidth.

• heims

a million. i think of they use Nair. they do no longer could shave as commonly. 2. i will't think of of an answer for this. 3. i'm hoping they could artwork on me, in view that i'm unfold out with blood everywhere! 4. outstanding question. i've got in no way study the label, basically taken one! 5. i could say no, they do no longer "swear" on the bible, no longer the way we do besides! 6. i think of it incredibly is the suited part of do, I recommend they asked for it, suited? 7. Gravity, i'm thinking? except the wind blows, then it is going sideway, so the place does it land? 8. hey, i've got prevalent some eye-catching adult adult males! 9. 2 heads are greater effective than one, and adult adult males could be able to reply to this one! 10. Hmmm, unsure. 11. Proctober 12. particularly adult adult males have not got beards, do they?

you need a better ISP

our speed is 200 to 408 mbps our pages load in 2 seconds.

All new fiber optics.

good luck do a google search like dsl?your town?