Help with American History assignment?

This is what my teacher wants me to do.

"Create a map that shows Columbus’ route and destinations. Be sure to show graphics indicating foods, technologies, etc. that were shared because of his exploration."

How would I put foods and things on the map? Any good ideas?

Thanks! The legend is a good idea, but how would I show which food was from either Europe or America?

Favorite Answer

Draw a key with different symbols and then put them in the correct places on the map.

You could use shapes or actual images, such as either a circle or a drawing of corn, to represent corn.

And so on.

Create a legend. That is a part on a map that shows you what certain symbols mean. For example, small fish could indicate they had a ready supply of fish to eat and trees could indicate plenty of lumber at their disposal. Good luck.

Our old history books always had maps with little pictures of food or legends showing what each little logo on the map meant.

A triangle might mean bananas, or sugar, or oranges

you could shade an area a tan colour and put in the legend a tan-coloured square and call it wheat.

Or grey shades in the water and call them fisheries.

Just be creative with legends.