Terry asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

pain in lower abdomen right side?

I have been experiencing stings/pain in my lower abdomen on the right side. The pain is just between my right side pelvis and genital, I believe it's where the bladder is. The problem started 3-4 days ago and it has not improved. When my bladder gets full, I feel discomfort and slight pain. I urinate about 4-5 times a day, not sure if that is bad or not. Since yesterday afternoon, every time that I finish urinating, the right side lower abdomen feels more painful. The pain would disappear about 20 minutes about that and would start over again after urination. Normally, I am able to hold off the urge to urinate but the past few days, when it gets full; I have to urinate right away. And there is dribbling afterward.

What do you think the problem might be? And should I see an internal medicine doctor or a urologist?

Your respond is greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

It could be your appendix. It can become serious if it bursts because of infection etc. I would see a doctor asap, or the hospital. Hope you feel better....

You should see a doctor. A Urologist or at least a general practitioner.

It could be a kidney or bladder infection or it could be a kidney stone. When I passed my first kidney stone I had similar symptoms and the pain/discomfort got worse over time until I finally took myself to the Urgent Care Center near home.

IF it is a stone on the move, yo are in for some pain as close to child birth as a male can get if it is large.

I had etopic, and I didnt even know I was pregnant. Until my mensus came heavily for 2 weeks and feeling weak, saw a doc and admited immediately for operation as the bb was already 6 weeks. No pain at all during that time, except for a unbearable sharp pain at lower tummy occurs before I see the doc. The pulling dull pain you feeling around the ovary or tube, might be due to tightening of the womb. Best see doc early to confirm the egg sac is in the womb.

I just learned about this in science last week and it sounds like u have all the symptoms of it, it is like an infection in the lower right part of your intestines and it swells up giving pain, i recommend going to the doctor as soon as u can because leaving it untreating can be very dangerous and possibly fatal if it leads to it swelling so much it pops. (literally)

You could have appendicitis or an infection of some kind. You'd better go see the doctor.

it may be your appendix.. if it doesn't go away after a week or so definatly see you doctor

possibly kidney stones